image source: livepoolecho.co.uk
The second meeting in 5 days between The Foxes and The Reds is the most anticipated fixture of this Premier League weekend. On Tuesday September 19th, Leicester City ousted Liverpool from the Carabao Cup. Both sides rested some of their key players; the likes of Kasper Schmeichel, Jamie Vardy, Riyad Mahrez, Robert Firmino, Daniel Sturridge and Mohamed Salah didn’t make appearances. All are expected to be back for Saturday’s clash at the King Power Stadium. Leicester and Liverpool both have been revered for their sharp counter attacking, and their effectiveness in punishing their opponents via that method. Yet, on different ends of the table they sit; Liverpool 7 places from the top and Leicester 5 places from the bottom. The 2015-16 Premier league winners are without a victory in their last 3 Premier League encounters. Liverpool themselves are winless in 2. Football neutrals will be hoping for a fast-paced spectacle as this match has provided in the last couple of seasons. Who will take all 3 points or will there be a stalemate after 90 minutes?
- Leicester City have the lowest average possession in the Premier League at only 36%
- Since their return to the Premier League in 2014, Leicester have a 2-0-1 record at home against Liverpool scoring 6 goals and conceding 4
- 7 of Leicester City’s 9 goals have come inside the box
- Liverpool’s 9 goals conceded is the most by a team in the top half of the table. However their 9 goals scored is the 3rd best tally in the division behind the top 2 teams
- Liverpool lead the league in shots on target with 40
- All of Liverpool’s goals have come from inside the box
- Liverpool’s last Premier League victory at Leicester was on the 2nd December, 2014.